For registering a vehicle, the owner needs to submit a prescribed application form with signature of the owner and the importer/dealer attaching necessary documents. The owner needs to apply to the BRTA Circle Office (the registering authority) of the area where he/she permanently resides or has place of business where the vehicle is normally kept. BRTA Circle Office will check the application and attached documents. If everything is found correct, BRTA will issue an assessment slip for depositing necessary fees. After depositing the necessary fees, the owner needs to bring the vehicle to BRTA for physical inspection. An inspector will inspect the vehicle and provide inspection result. If the inspection result is found correct, a data entry operator will insert the owner’s information and vehicle’s information into BRTA Information System (BRTA-IS) which is again checked and approved by the inspector and the Assistant Director(Engg). After the approval an acknowledgment slip, fitness certificate and tax token (with signature of authority) will be issued.
After completing some internal process, BRTA will send a mobile message to the owner’s cell/mobile phone for providing his/her biometrics (digital Photo, digital signature and fingerprint) for issuing Digital Registration Certificate(DRC). Then the owner needs to make an appointment via mobile message and come to BRTA Circle Office for his biometrics. After printing DRC and Retro-Reflective Number Plate, BRTA will send another mobile message to the owner for collecting them.
- Prescribed application form filled and signed by the owner and importer/dealer(if the owner is an organization, the official seal is required with signature) [prescribed application form can be downloaded from website or collected from BRTA]
- If owner is more then one(joint owner), then all the owner needs to select a person by make an affidavit stating that he/they is/are agreed to registered the vehicle using the name of the selected person (single owner need not submit this affidavit).
- If the vehicle is bought by taking loan from Bank or Financial institute, an application in letter head pad regarding the loan from that organizationis required.
- Bill of Entry, Invoice, Bill of Lading and LCA copy;
- Sale Certificate/ Sale Intimation/ Sales Proof Certificate (given by the Importer/Seller);
- Packing List/Delivery Shipment and Gate Pass( in case of CKD Vehicle);
- TIN certificate and certificate of advance/permission payment of taxes;
- Work Permit and copy visa of Bangladesh if the registration/ownership is changed in the name of the foreign citizen;
- (a) VAT-1(ifapplicable), (b) VAT-11(Ka)/VAT (if applicable), (c) VAT Challan (if applicable);
- Specification contained drawing of the body and the seat arrangement approved by the BRTA/manufacturer (in case of Bus, Truck, Human Holler, Delivery Van, Auto Tempo etc.)
- Type Approval in case of CKD vehicles.
- Body VAT challan and Invoice VATpayment (if applicable).
- Money receipt of Registration fees (BRTA copy)
- Clearance of Customs and National Board of Revenue( ifapplicable)
- Attested photocopy of National Identity Card/passport/telephone bill/ electricity bill(if owner is a person).
- If the vehicle is purchased via auction from defense departmenta release note is required from the officer in charge regarding vehicle detail including manufacturer and manufacturing year according to the logbook of the vehicle.
- If the vehicle is purchased via auction from Government / semi-government / autonomous bodies, detail descriptions of auction related documentsis required.
- Following additional documents is required forRecondition Motor Vehicle.
(a) ‘TO’ form (signed by the vendor/purchaser).
(b) ‘TTO’ form and Sales Receipts (signed by the importer)
(c) Main copy of De-registration certificate and attested English translated copy of the De-Registration certificate (Attested copy of certificate of cancelation)
(d) If there is description of multiple vehicles in a single copy then photocopy can be submitted attested by concern authority.
- Vehicle inspection report.